- Once your installation appointment is scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email from us.
- The day of your installation, the technician will call you in route. Typically they give you a 30 minute heads up that they are in route to your location. If you do not answer, the technician will still arrive.
- Someone over the age of 18 will need to be present for the entire appointment.
- Please make sure all gates and fences are unlocked, as the technician may need access to both the inside and outside of your home, including your attic space.
- Please secure all pets while our technician is at your location.
- It is best to have an area pre determined where you want your router to sit in your house. Typically this is best in the living area, central in the house where you spend most of your time.
- We recommend that all TVs, computers etc you want connected to be available at the time of the installation so the tech can help you get them connected.
- The technician will verify that all services are working upon completion of the service visit.
- Once the installation is complete, you will receive an email from us with access to our online portal where you can view and change any billing preferences to your account, quick and easy.
- Installation of services may require property modifications. If you're renting or leasing, we recommend that you confirm the services being installed with your property owner. We are not responsible for any issues that may arise with the property owner.
Due to security reasons, our technicians do not accept check or cash for payment. You may pay our technicians onsite via debit/credit card or we can also set up a one time payment through your bank. This payment is processed through our payment portal, which you will have access to once the installation is complete.
Installation times can vary due to each installation being unique in placement of the equipment and cabling.
Some installations simply require plugging in a router and connecting your devices. Others, require an installation technician to run new cabling etc.
One of our knowledgable reps will give you a better estimate once we have scheduled your installation.
Yes. Our technician will need access to the inside and outside of the home for the complete time they are onsite.
Someone over the age of 18 will need to be present for the entire appointment.
Please secure all pets while our technician is at your location.
When installing our Fixed Wireless service, the service requires a direct line of sight from the antenna we install at your house to the access point on the tower. In turn there is a good possibility that the antenna will need to be mounted high to get a line of sight, which can include the roof or eve. This will vary based on a few things such as terrain and trees and is only able to be determined by a technician once he is onsite.
Our Fiber service does not require anything mounted to the roof but we will have to mount a small demarcation box and cable to an outside wall of your house. There may also need to be an overhead cable ran from a close telephone pole to the side of your house.
If you're setting up services for the first time, or if you've had a technician visit to resolve a service issue, the tech may deploy a temporary, visible cable outside your house, over your yard or driveway.
Once the install is completed we will contact the utility company to determine if they need to come to your home to mark their services (electric, gas, water, etc.). Within 14 days, a technician will return to bury the temporary cable. You usually do not need to be home for this. Burying the cable does not permanently damage your grass. If this cable is ran across your driveway, you can drive over it. Please avoid the cable if you are mowing your yard. It is recommended to keep pets away from the cable to prevent any damages.
Burying the cable can be dependent upon weather/ground conditions permitting us to dig. Rain and other extreme weather can delay this work.
This will vary depending on a few factors, but we can typically accommodate where you prefer the router to be placed in your home. It is best to have that area pre determined where you want your router to sit in your home.
Typically this is best in the living area, central in the house where you spend most of your time.
Keep in mind this is where we will run our cable to so there will need to be a power source close by.
Fixed Wireless is a wireless broadband internet service that utilizes radio-frequency (RF) antennas. Because fixed-wireless internet uses land based technology it is not susceptible to the high latency experienced with satellite internet.
Fixed Wireless uses line-of-sight (LOS) technology which refers to an unobstructed path or view, between the antenna on your home or business and one of our towers. Fixed-wireless technology requires LOS for the best possible connection and quality of service. Elevation, buildings, trees, hills, and valleys ultimately determine LOS.
The antenna we use for your home is typically white in color and circle in shape with a diameter of approx 20 inches but the size and model will vary. This is determined by the technician at the time of the install.
We may also occasionally perform maintenance and swap out aging equipment for newer models at no charge to you.
No, we do not offer any bundled services. Legacy focuses all of its resources on providing reliable fast internet.
TV - All streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV etc. will work with our service. More information about these streaming services can be found online.
Email - Legacy does not recommend utilizing a service provider as the host of your email address as service providers change. Always go with a mainstream email provider such as Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook.
No. Legacy recommends that you keep your current provider active until we get our service connected and working. Once we confirm everything is fully working as expected, you can then call your current provider and start the cancellation process.
No. Being that we do not have a contract on any plans, we do not offer the option of buying out any contracts with other providers.
Installation of services may require property modifications. If you're renting or leasing, we recommend that you confirm the services being installed with your property owner. We are not responsible for any issues that may arise with the property owner.